Indian Visa from Italy
Process for Italian Citizens to complete the Indian e-Visa Application
The Indian Visa for Italian citizens (passport holder) is available in electronic application form since 2014. This is online Indian Visa Application Process which doesn’t need any paper based formalities to be completed by the Italian residents. This process is accessible on this website as officially supported by the Government of India under the eVisa India regime.
India e-Visa is official document permitting entry into and travel within India to Italian residents residents and citizens for the reasons for tourism, the travel industry, clinical visits, conferences, yoga, courses, workshops, deal and exchange, humanitarian effort and other business adventures on this new system of Indian e-Visa.
Indian Visa from Italy can be procured online and applicants can pay using Euro or any of the 135 currencies including Debit/Credit/Paypal.
Indian Visa for Italian Citizens can be acquired in simple and easy manner. The process is as simple as filling an online form in few minutes, easy to complete payment method to finish Indian Online Visa Application form.
After your Indian Visa Application is submitted, if our staff requires additional proof like your passport copy or face photograph we will request you. You may do so in response to our email or upload it at a future date. Our Indian Visa Help Desk can assist you in 47 languages. You can send us your information online or by email at [email protected] . Government of India now allows eVisa India to be filled for Italian Citizens for visits up to 90 days for multiple entries in India.
1. Apply Indian Visa
2. Receive e-Visa by email
Is there a requirement for Italian Citizens to visit Indian Embassy at any stage?
When Indian Visa from Italy is applied online there is no requirement at any stage to visit Indian Embassy or Indian Consulate. Once the eVisa for India is received by email, you can go to the Airport.
You do not have to visit Indian Embassy for any confirmation or stamp on the passport. There is no need to see Indian Embassy.
Indian Visa Online is recorded in the central computer system of the Government of India, the Immigration Officers can access this information from any Airport of the world. Your name and passport number and Italian Nationality is recorded in the computer system.
Italian citizens are required to either keep a soft copy of email received on Phone/Computer/Tablet or printed copy and carry the eVisa to the airport. There is no stamp requirement on the passport for Italian citizens for the electronic Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) that is sent in an email.
Are Italian citizens required to courier passport / photograph / documents to Indian Embassy?
No, you do not need courier any required or supporting document to obtain Indian e-Visa. Italian Citizens can either send the evidence documents either by email in response to a query by Immigration Officer or Government of India requirement regarding your Indian Visa Application or upload documents on this website in case required to support your India Visa Application. The link to upload documents required for Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) will be sent to the applicant’s email address provided at the time of filing Indian Visa Online. Italian Citizens can also email directly to India e-Visa Help Desk.
What help and support can Italian Citizens get for filing the Indian Visa Online (India e-Visa)?
1 of the big advantages of applying Indian Visa Online from this website for the Government of India official immigration Visa is that Italian Citizens can provide us with the supporting documents for your Indian Visa Application either by email or upload on the portal. Additionally, you can email our friendly Indian Visa Customer Support staff in any file format like JPG, TIF, PNG, JPEG, AI, SVG and many more saving you the time and hassle of file conversion or compression of files. This is ideal for customers who are not technically savvy because physical visit to Indian Embassy can result in rejection of the Indian Visa Application because of blurry bad photograph or passport scan copy.
In case the Immigration Officers from the Government of India require additional documents to support Italian Citizens trip to India, then you can click on this link as to what are the Indian Visa Documents Requirements. You can read about requirements for essential documents here – Indian Visa Photograph Requirements and Indian Visa Passport Requirements. You can take a photo of your passport page and of your own face by your mobile phone or a camera and email Indian Visa Customer Support or upload on this website.
Can I apply for a Business Visit to India on Italian passport?
Indian Visa from Italy can be applied for business visits as well as tourist and medical visit under the Indian Government policy of eVisa India (India Visa Online). Business journey to India by Italian Citizens can be for any of the several reasons as described in detail in Business e-Visa for India.
How long does approval of Italian application take?
In the business as usual circumstances, Italian Citizens who have completed the Indian Visa Application Form Online and followed the instructions correctly and mentioned their first name, surname, date of birth without a mismatch and have also provided any additional supporting application documents like Italian Passport scan copy and Face photograph or a Visiting Card in case of the Indian Business Visa or a letter from the hospital in case of Medical e-Visa for India can get the decision on the Indian Visa Application in 3-4 business days. In other cases, however, it could take up to 7 business days depending on the correctness of the data in the Indian Visa Application or public holidays scheduled in India at the time of application or the busy holiday season.
What facilities can be enjoyed with regards to the Indian e-Visa by the Italian Citizens?
The advantages of the Indian Visa Online received electronically (eVisa India) are as follows:
- Depending on the type of Visa applied for Italian Citizens are eligible to obtain an India Visa Online for up to 5 years in Validity.
- Indian Visa for Italian Citizens can be used to enter India multiple times
- Italian Citizens can utilize eVisa India (Indian Visa Online) for 180 day continuous and uninterrupted entry into India (this is especially for handful of nationalities like Italian and US citizens, for other nationalities maximum duration of continuous stay in India is limited to 90 days).
- India Visa Online is valid on 28 airports and 5 seaports for rather than land based immigration checkpoints for road travellers.
- This India Visa Online permits passage in all States and Union Territories of India.
- Indian Visa Online can be used for Tourism, Medical and Business Visits by the Italian Citizens
What are the limitations with regards to the Indian e-Visa for Italian Citizens?
There are a few limitations of Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) which are: Italian Citizens cannot pursue journalism, film making, university degree in India or long term paid work on eVisa India (India Visa Online). Additionally, India Visa Online (eVisa India) does not provide the privilege of visiting military or cantonment areas – separate permission is required from the Government of India to visit these protected sites.
What should be Italian Citizens be aware of if coming to Indian on e-Visa?
The guidance provided on this website for the Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) is sufficient for Italian citizens, however the additional guidance and tips will be helpful to avoid the embarrassment of rejection or being refused entry into India. Indian Business Visa and Business Visitor arriving on Indian Business Visa have helpful guidance to prepare you for a successful outcome for your business visit to India.
Try not to Overstay: You should know that you have to respect the laws of the nation and dodge over remaining. There is a fine of 300 dollars in India for exceeding as long as 90 days. Also, as much as 500 dollars fine for over staying to 2 years. Indian Government can likewise make legitimate move to impose penalty.
You may likewise impact your reputation for future travel and make it difficult to obtain visa for different nations by over extending your stay in India.
Take printout of Indian Visa sent by Email: While it isn’t a necessity to have a paper duplicate of the eVisa (India Visa Online) for Italian Citizens, it is more secure to do so on the grounds that your mobile phone which has the email confirmation might be harmed or battery might be depleted and you will be unable to give the proof of having gotten electronic Indian Visa (eVisa India). Paper printout goes about as an auxiliary verification.
Ensure Travel Document has 2 blank pages: Government of India never approaches Italian Citizens for the visa stamp on your physical passport and ever just requests scan copy of biodata page of the passport during the eVisa India (Indian Visa Online) application process so we don’t know about the number of clear pages in your passport. You have to have 2 empty or blank pages so the immigration officials of the Indian Immigration Department can append section stamp and leave stamp on your identification at the airport.
Legitimacy of a half year for visa: Your identification travel document which in most cases is an ordinary passport must be legitimate for a half year on the date of application of Indian Visa Application.
Please describe the application process for Indian Visa for Italian Citizens?
- Step 1: Fill out the easy and straightforward Indian Visa Application Form, (Estimated time to complete is 3 minutes for most applicants).
- Step 2: Pay in 1 of 137 currencies using many different convenient online payment methods.
- Step 3: Provide additional information, if requested by Government of India, we will email you if any further details are requested from you.
- Step 4: Get an approved electronic Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) by email.
- Step 5: You can go to any Italian or foreign airport.
- You do not have to visit Indian Embassy during this process.
- You do not require a stamp on your passport.
- Indian electronic Visa is recorded in the computer system that Immigration Officers can access from any airport in the world.
- You should wait for our email before departing to the airport until we have emailed you an approved electronic Visa for India (eVisa India).
What can Italian citizens do after getting an approved Indian Visa Online by email (eVisa India)?
If the electronic Visa for India (eVisa India) is approved by the Immigration Officers from the Government of India office, then it will be notified to you by secure email. You will find a PDF attachment which you can carry to the airport, alternatively you can take a paper printout of the email electronic Indian Visa Online (eVisa India).
You can go to the airport either in the Italy or any offshore airport and visit India. At no stage do you need a stamp on your passport for Visa nor is there a need to visit the Indian Embassy or Indian consulate.
What does an e-Visa For India look like for the citizens of Italy?
Is Indian Visa for Italian citizens needed if coming by cruise ship?
Electronic India Visa is required if coming by a cruise ship. As of today, however, the eVisa India is valid on the following sea ports if arriving by cruise ship:
Applying for a Schengen Visa in India – EU Visa Requirements for Indian Citizens
India is one of the most important tourist markets for Europe, with over 10 million Indians travelling to Europe every year. That number is expected to grow up to 16 million in 2022.
Do Indians need a visa to enter Europe?
Yes, Indian passport holders are required to obtain a Schengen visa to enter any European country in the Schengen Zone.
How to Apply for a Schengen Visa from India?
You must follow a step-by-step guideline to apply for a Schengen visa in India. The application procedure to obtain a Schengen visa in India is pretty similar to that in every other country in the world.
To apply for a Schengen visa from India, you must follow these steps:
- Figure out which Schengen visa type you need. There are different Schengen visa types depending on your purpose of travelling from India to Europe.
- Find out where you need to apply for a Schengen visa in India. Pay attention to the embassy/consulate / VAC of which country you need to apply at, as well as under the jurisdiction of which you fall.
- Decide when to apply for a Schengen visa in India. The earliest time you can lodge your Schengen visa application in India is 3 months before your planned trip while the latest time to file your visa application is at least 15 working days before you intend to travel to Europe.
- Collect the required Schengen visa documents for Indian citizens.
- Appoint an interview at the visa application centre in India. Depending on the country, you may make an appointment online, by phone, or in person. Below in this article, you can find more information for each EU embassy/consulate located in India.
- Attend the interview on the day of your appointment. Show up on time and try not to be nervous. Remember that the interview is a crucial part of your visa application.
- Pay the visa fee. All Schengen states have fixed and synchronized visa fees. For more information check Schengen visa fees for Indian citizens.
- Wait for the processing of your visa. After the interview, you will have to wait for at most 15 days, for a response on your application.
All Schengen visa applications submitted by Indians are processed by the embassies/consulates in India.
Schengen Visa Requirements for Indian Passport Holders
When applying for a Schengen visa in India, you will have to submit a number of required documents. These documents are crucial; therefore, you really need to be careful when collecting them. Make sure they all comply with the standards set by the embassy where you are applying.
To apply for a Schengen visa in India, you need to submit the following documents:
- . Fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Schengen Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
- Two recently taken photos must be attached. The photos should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background. Learn more about visa photo requirements for Indian citizens.
- A valid Indian passport or other travel documents. No older than 10 years, with a validity of at least 3 more months beyond your planned date of leaving Europe.
- Evidence of legal residence in India. – as a national ID card, or residence permit. – You can book online through the Europ Assistance website or via any travel insurance company in India that meets the following requirements: Medical coverage of at least Euro 30,000. Medical evacuation/ repatriation must be covered.
- A cover letter stating the purpose of the visit and itinerary.
- Flight itinerary reservation from India to Europe and back. Including dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from the specified state/states. Learn how to get a flight reservation for a visa from India.
- Proof of accommodation for the whole duration of the intended stay. Learn more about Hotel Booking for Visa application here.
- Proof of civil status. (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay.
Additional Schengen Visa Requirements based on your Employment Status in India
Depending on your occupational status in India, you will need to submit the following additional documents when applying for a visa to Europe from India:
If you are employed:
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement, of latest 6 months (Online Bank statements are not acceptable).
- Leave permission from your employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- A copy of your business license in India
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
*Note: The signed application form must be accompanied by the rest of the mandatory documents, then handed personally at the correct Embassy/Consulate or its representatives in India.
Other specific requirements when applying for a different Schengen visa type in India:
Who Can Apply for a Schengen Visa in India?
The EU countries have established their embassies, consulates and visa application centres all around India, which are responsible for the admission and procession of visa applications made by Indians. However, not everyone can apply for a Schengen visa in India.
Only the following are eligible to file their visa applications at the Schengen embassies/consulates / VACs in India
- Indian passport holders
- Nationals of third countries, which are required to obtain a visa to Europe, living in India under a permanent or temporary residence permit
Which Member State Examines and Decides on my Visa Application?
The Member State competent for deciding on your visa application must be:
- The Member State that is your sole destination of visit
- The Member State whose territory is the main destination of your visit (as far as length or purpose of stay), or
- The Member State whose borders you intend to cross first to enter the Schengen Area
What if the Schengen country you intend to visit has no Embassy/Consulate in India?
In this case or if the present Embassy/Consulate in India is not currently issuing visas, then your Schengen visa application should be submitted to the Schengen member state “representing” this specific country regarding visas.
Applications can be submitted to:
- Schengen visa application for Greece from Goa must be submitted to the Portuguese Consulate General in Goa, India.
- Schengen visa application for Slovakia from Mumbai must be submitted at the Hungarian General Consulate in Mumbai, India.
- Schengen visa application for Slovenia from Goa must be submitted at the Portugal General Consulate in Goa, India.
- Schengen visa application for Iceland must be submitted at the Danish Embassy in New Delhi, India.
- Schengen visa application must be submitted at the Embassy of Switzerland in New Delhi, India.
What if I apply at the Member State or Consulate that is not competent for deciding on my Visa Application?
In such cases, the Consular post will, without delay, return the application form and any other documents submitted by the applicant, reimburse the visa fee and indicate in which competent consulate you should apply next.
When to Apply for a Schengen Visa from India?
The allowed period to apply for a Schengen visa in India is as follows:
- The earliest you can file a visa application: three months before you start your planned trip.
- The latest you can file a visa application: at most 15 working days before you intend to travel to Europe.
- The recommended time to file a visa application: at least three weeks before your trip.
Do I Need a Visa Appointment to Submit my Application?
Yes, Indian applicants need to make an appointment with the specific Embassy/Consulate in India, to deliver the visa application.
How long does it take to get a Schengen Visa in India?
Applications should be made final within 15 calendar days from the date you submitted the visa application in the corresponding Embassy/Consulate in India.
This period may be extended up to 30 days, especially in cases when further requirements are made to the applicant. In some rare cases, it may lead up to 60 days, the maximum.
What should I do if my visa gets refused?
If you have been refused a visa, you have the right to appeal! All appeals must be conducted against the final decisive Member State under the national law of the specified EU Member State.
Every Member State, upon refusal, indicates the references to their exact national laws and the specific procedure that is related to the right of appeal, as well as the authorities with which you should appeal and the time limit for delivering the appeal.
What documents should I bring with me when travelling on a Schengen Visa?
At the external borders, all Indian citizens holding an EU visa can be requested to show the documents that justify the purpose and the conditions of their stay as well as proof of sufficient means of subsistence for the period intended to travel and stay as well as for returning to India or transit to a third state, for which you possess proof of admission.
If you do not have the above-mentioned documents, you must acquire such means lawfully!
Which EU countries can Indian citizens visit with a Schengen Visa?
Indian citizens holding a valid Schengen visa are allowed to visit the 26 Schengen countries:
Can an Indian citizen living in the UK apply for a Schengen visa from the UK?
Only Indian passport holders that have been legally residing in the United Kingdom for more than three months and hold a valid UK residence permit can apply for a Schengen visa in the UK. Non-residents such as Indian travellers and Indian tourists who plan on staying in the UK for three months should apply for a Schengen visa in India.
Most Prominent Guide on Italy Tourist Visa For Indian Citizens
Italy is the destination of choice for millions looking for a picturesque country to spend their vacation in. Art, history, food, culture, shopping, and architecture, it is the perfect blend of a perfect travel getaway. You can visit Europe’s top destination alone or combine it with other destinations.
The only thing you need to become a tourist in Italy is a Schengen visa. Read this blog to know how to get an Italy tourist visa for Indian citizens.
Table of Contents
What is an Italian Schengen Visa?
The Italy Schengen Visa is the tourist visa for Italy. Through this, you can visit Italy for leisure, site seeing, vacation, and others. Under this visa, you can also visit Italy for short business trips. However, you are not allowed to work in the country with this visa. Business purposes that come within its limit are attending meetings, meeting clients, etc. Italy Schengen Visa is also referred to as the Italy Tourist Visa and short-stay visa.
Do you need a Schengen Visa?
Yes, being an Indian citizen, you need a Schengen Visa to travel to Italy as a tourist. Although, if you have a Schengen visa from any other European country, you need not apply for it separately for Italy.
Eligibility requirements for Italy tourist visa for Indian citizens
To get an Italy tourist visa for Indian citizens, you need to fulfill the following requirements-
Eligibility requirements for Italy tourist visa for Indian citizens
Complete Travel Itinerary
In this, you need to submit documents related to the date and time of entry and exit to and from Italy along with the flight numbers. You need to mention the places you will be visiting when in Italy or any other Schengen area. Only the proof of flight reservation needs to be added.
Letter from your tour organizer
This needs to be added if you are going to travel with a tour agency.
Proof of accommodation
In this, you need to provide the details of the place you will be staying at when in the country. This can be a hotel/hostel booking or a rental agreement.
Proof of sufficient funds
You have to provide evidence of enough finance that you use at the entire time of your stay.
Although, if you are planning on visiting a relative or friend in Italy, the following documents need to be submitted-
Letter of invitation from your host
Your host is the family member or friend you are planning to visit in Italy. He/she can be an Italian citizen/ a PR holder (in this case you need to provide the residence status document). The letter needs to state information about the dates you are visiting them on and your relationship with the host.
Proof of family relationship
In case of your host is a family member, you need to provide proof of your relationship with your spouse, child, parent, etc. It may be a marriage certificate, birth certificate, or certificate of registered partnership. This is to be included with the letter of invitation.
Proof of sufficient financial means
You need to provide proof of adequate funds depending on how your trip will be funded-
- Your past 6 months’ bank statements if you are funding your trip yourself.
- Letter of sponsorship from your host as well as their bank statements. This is in case your trip is being funded by others.
Proof of accommodation
You need to submit the following to prove your area of accommodation-
- Your host’s address of his/her apartment/house
- hostel/hotel booking or home rental agreement. In this case, you would also need to show that you are actually visiting the host.
In addition to the above, a set of standard documents also need to be submitted.
Italy tourist visa Application Process for Indian citizens
Here’s the outline of the whole process-
- Book your appointment
- Fill in the Italy Visa Application Form with all the necessary details
- Compile the necessary documents in one place
- Submit the application with the necessary documents physically
- Complete the visa interview
- Pay the required fees and finally wait for it to process
When should you submit the application for the Schengen visa?
You can apply for the visa–
- At the latest: two weeks before you plan your trip
- At the earliest: six months before you plan your trip
It is advisable to apply early as the time taken for processing is a maximum of 3 weeks or 15 working days. It may be more or less depending on the country you are applying from.
Also, if some document is missing, your application may be sent back. Moreover, booking an appointment can also cost you time depending on the time of the year you are applying.
Where should you submit the Italy tourist visa application?
You need to apply to the appropriate location to get your Italy tourist visa for Indian citizens. This can be one among the following-
- Italian Representative in India (an Italian embassy or consulate)
- A visa application center, such as COX, Kings, VFS Global, etc. to which the Italian government has sourced their applications.
- Representation of another Schengen country to which the applications have been outsourced.
Another important thing to note here is that you need to have a prior appointment. Without an appointment, you cannot submit the application.
Fees for Italy tourist visa for Indian citizens
Fees for Italy tourist Visa for Indian citizens are as follows-
- EUR 80 in the case of adults
- EUR 40 in case of children aged 6 and above
- Free for children below 6 years of age
An additional VFS Service Charge needs to be paid including CGST and SGST of 9%. A convenience fee is also applicable to avail of multiple payment options.
Note- There are cases when the fees can be waived. You need to check the main website for information on this.
Italy is a beautiful country to spend your vacation in. However, trying to get a visa can be a tiring process. Read this blog to save you some time and get all the information on Italy tourist visa for Indian citizens.
Is it difficult to obtain an Italy tourist visa for Indian citizens?
No, it is easy as long you fulfill all the requirements.
What are the income documents a retired person needs to provide?
Pension documents along with the bank statement showing acceptable income are required.
While visiting Italy, Can I do part-time work?
Sorry, you can’t work on a Schengen tourist visa.
Can I travel to other countries along with Italy?
If you are planning to travel and stay in more than one country in the area of Schengen, then you have to get permission from the country’s embassy and inform them that you will be entering that country first.
It is needed because on your passport, the country’s entry stamp will be entered by the embassy that this is your first destination.